The Paul Reed Smith SE Custom 24 left-handed solidbody electric guitar puts the sound, playability, and gorgeous looks of the Custom line into a high-quality and affordable instrument. The SE Custom 24's mahogany body and maple top hold two great-sounding PRS-designed 85/15 "S" humbucking pickups. Its 3-piece maple neck features a wide-thin shape for very easy playing, and the rosewood fingerboard is adorned with classic PRS bird inlays. The headstock has been redesigned to now sport Paul Reed Smith's signature, adding extra "cool" factor. This guitar is a true PRS through and through, as well as being a great value. You don't have to be a rock star to enjoy the SE Custom 24.
The combination of a mahogany body and maple top gives the SE Custom 24 a perfect balance of rich midrange and bright snap (and the beautiful flame maple top veneer helps make this instrument a real looker). Add a pair of PRS-designed humbuckers in the bridge and neck positions, and you've got a recipe for thick, sustaining tones. Pull up on the tone pot, and you'll access chiming, bell-like single-coil sounds. And the SE Custom 24's maple neck has a wide-thin carve, making it very fast and playable.
PRS-designed 85/15 S humbucking pickups
The two humbucking pickups in this SE Custom 24 are Paul Reed Smith-designed 85/15 S's. An update on PRS's original humbuckers, the 85/15 S's are designed to sound terrific whether used in humbucking or single-coil modes.
- Full-featured Paul Reed Smith at a great price
- Legendary PRS quality and playability
- Beautiful flame maple gives the guitar an elegant look
- Mahogany body for punchy tone and long sustain
- PRS-designed tremolo maintains tuning under heavy use
- PRS 85/15 S pickups sound great humbucking or single-coil
- Push-pull tone knob accesses great single-coil-type tones
- Wide-thin maple neck is comfortable and fast