WL-Series Wireless System
Premium Audio Performance and Plug-and-Play Setup with Newly Developed BOSS Wireless Technology.
- Plug-and-play wireless systems for guitar, bass, and other electronic instruments
- No complicated setup required—simply dock the transmitter and receiver together for about 10 seconds to set the optimum wireless connection
- Newly developed BOSS technology delivers premium audio performance with rock-solid stability, ultra-low latency (2.3 ms), and 50-foot/15-meter range (line-of-sight propagation)*
- Built-in rechargeable batteries provide up to 12 hours of continuous playing time**
- Simple charging with a standard USB adaptor (5 V/500 mA or greater)
- Cable tone simulation reproduces the natural capacitive effect of a 10-foot/3-meter guitar cable (WL-20 model only)
- Spare WL-T Transmitter available separately
* The transmission range may vary due to local conditions.
** A full charge provides 12 hours of time for the transmitter and 10 hours for the receiver.
Lightning-Fast BOSS Wireless Technology
Equipped with high-performance BOSS wireless technology that debuted in the Katana-Air wireless guitar amp, the WL-20 series delivers exceptional sound quality with wide dynamic range. Working in the 2.4 GHz frequency band, the optimum channel is set automatically to ensure rock-solid audio performance with absolutely no drop-outs. And with ultra-low latency of just 2.3 ms, you’ll always enjoy great playing feel with no lag whatsoever. Up to 14 BOSS wireless systems can be used simultaneously in one space, allowing multiple musicians to enjoy wireless freedom at the same time.*
*Environmental conditions may affect the actual number of simultaneous systems available.
Plug In and Rock
A WL-20 system is literally as simple to use as a standard guitar cable. The small transmitter plugs into your instrument, while a matching receiver plugs into a pedal or amp. That’s it!
Automatic Wireless Setup
With the WL-20 series, there’s no fiddly channel setup required. Just dock the transmitter and receiver together for about 10 seconds to automatically set the optimum connection.
Easy Charging via USB
When docked, the built-in batteries in the transmitter and receiver can be charged together with a standard USB adaptor (5 V/500 mA or higher), the same type used with the latest smartphones and tablets. The transmitter and receiver can also be charged separately, and a micro USB cable is included for charging.
WL-20: Built-In Cable Tone Simulation
If you play a guitar or bass with standard passive pickups (the most common pickup type), the WL-20 model is probably your best choice. It includes built-in cable tone simulation, which reproduces the natural capacitive effect that’s introduced when using a 10-foot/3-meter guitar cable with passive pickups. This effect rolls off the treble very slightly, giving you the warm tone you’re used to hearing with a normal cable.
WL-20L: No Cable Tone Simulation
The WL-20L model is functionally identical to the WL-20, with the exception that it eliminates cable tone simulation. This makes it the best choice for instruments where cable capacitance has little or no effect on the tone, such as an acoustic/electric guitar with an onboard preamp, a guitar or bass with active pickups, or a line-level device like a keytar or Roland’s Aerophone digital wind instrument. The WL-20L also works great with passive pickups if you don’t need the subtle treble roll-off provided by cable tone simulation.
WL-50: A BOSS Wireless System for Your Pedalboard
If you’re looking to bring wireless freedom to your pedalboard, check out the WL-50. Equipped with the same high-performance wireless tech found in the WL-20 and WL-20L, the stompbox-size WL-50 features an integrated transmitter dock, two cable tone simulation options, and a DC output for distributing power to one or more pedals.